Sunday, June 7, 2009

Grandma's Brag Book

WARNING!
PUT THE COMPUTER DOWN NOW!

Go get a nice hot cup of coffee before viewing this blog. You will need it!
This is Grandma's Brag Book!

This is Cayleigh, the birthday girl after eating at her favorite restaurant, Macaroni Grill! MMMMM! That was good!

Another shot of the birthday girl by a nearby pond. Isn't she beautiful? The pond is pretty too.


































My darling daughter, Christie, and her darling daughter, Cayleigh, the birthday girl. My darling daughter did the honorable thing. She squeezed herself into the tiny space in the back seat between the two car seats and let me have the front seat. Besides, she is so tiny now, it is easy for her to fit!Here is the artist at work on her pottery. She started with a blank white tile. Scary! Unless you are the creative type. Which she obviously is. I can hardly wait to see the fired product.

My "darling" grandchildren at a nearby park in Richmond Hill.
Happy Ninth Birthday, Cayleigh! I can't believe you have grown so quickly! Cayleigh just finished third grade. She received her report card that day, and BRAG....She received STRAIGHT As!
Another shot of my "darling" granddaughter. Isn't she cute?
She never wears her baseball cap this way.
Grandma made her do it!
This is my little M&M. He is such a character! Smart as a whip. And oh, such a boy. So competitive. He tries to beat dad! Race me, Dad! Cayleigh too. He's a real charmer.

We went to Macaroni Grill for Cayleigh's birthday dinner. (They had arrived home from Paris midnight of the night before. A big party was out of the question.) Anyway, we played hangman while waiting for dinner. Aiden, who just finished first grade, guessed my word, "macaroni," with only 2 letters, the "m" and the "a."

So I had to think of a harder word for him. Can you guess the 14 letter word above? BRAG: Aiden did. And this is after being up 24 hours, getting to bed at midnight the night before, then rising at 5am! Poor Mom!! (The answer is at the bottom.)
Here are my little darlings!
(My! Grandma is showing her age!)
Here is a shot of their wonderful parents! I am in awe at what great parents they are. I wish I had done so well with mine. Aiden is a handful. He hardly needs any sleep since he was an infant, he is very smart, very strong-willed, and has "melt downs" if not well handled. They are both so patient and talk to him so kindly, giving him choices and following through so well that he has learned to control his "melt downs."

I fully expected several "melt downs" the day after he had been up 24 hours flying home from Paris and then getting only 5 hours of sleep. Two melt downs started but were averted. He never had a one while I was there. Anybody need parenting lessons? Talk to these two superparents! BRAG, BRAG, BRAG!
Have to watch out for snakes and alligators at this playground.
But it is so pretty there.
This is my big birthday girl on the bridge in the house. Isn't she looking grown up lately?
Little man!
He will be 7 in August.
We got to visit Dad in his big corner office.
These are my beautiful grandchildren the morning after being up for 24 hours. Aren't they beautiful?

Did I brag enough? This is my first Grandma's Brag Book. The goal is to brag so much I make you sick. But, gee, who can have that reaction with these darlings?
(P.S. The word was "TRANSPORTATION.")

2 comments:

  1. I can certainly see why you brag... they are a truely wonderful family. We loved our postcard from Paris!!! Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the brag-update! Love to see them grow up. Congratulations to you all! I loved my postcard, too, thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete