Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hello from Georgia


I flew to Georgia yesterday. Best flying experience I've ever had. No crowds, great tail wind. Arrived 20 min early on the first leg of the flight and 15 min early on the flight from Atlanta to Savannah!
They layover was a perfect 1 1/2 hours, so no rush for the next gate, time to get some exercise, relax.
Even so, it takes a day. I arrived last night after Cayleigh and Aiden were asleep. I went in to kiss them in their beds per their instructions. They returned the favor this morning, coming in to kiss me in bed before they left for school.
I have been slowly recovering from a virus I got more than a week before Christmas. I have never had such a tough time recovering. The doctor I went to last week said I'm not contagious (didn't want to share anything with the Burgdorfs), it's just a tough one to recover from. I've felt like I must have mono. But, thank goodness, it's not. And I am getting incrementally better every day. So, I have spent my first day in Georgia relaxing, resting, getting over my jet lag, and having a wonderful time not having to do anything for a change.

The first picture is probably too dark to see but it's Cayleigh sleeping. This next one I took sitting on a beautiful white rocker on Christie's front porch. Tomorrow Christie is taking the day off work, the kids will be in school, and we will have a mom and daughter day. That is until after school when we pick up the kids, grab some dinner, and she takes off with Noel to Charleston for the weekend!
They will be home soon, so I will start dinner now. I'll keep you posted on the adventures of "Meemaw" (check out Heather's post) and the grandkids. (Is that what Meemaw should be calling them?)

3 comments:

  1. Georgia is beautiful! I have only been to Savannah once, but I loved it. Enjoy your time with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet!! The view from the porch is fantastic too. I know you will feel good and have a wonderful time. Say hello to the Burdorfs!!! I miss seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to get some R&R with the family! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete