Saturday, February 14, 2009

Another twin story

Last evening when I got off work, I stopped by Long's drug store

(recently bought out by CVS; this I know from my son, Matthew, who works at Long's in Fresno [and BRAG: was named "Employee of the Quarter" after his first quarter on the job!])

to pick up Mom's meds.

Mom has a lot of meds so it takes awhile to process the order. I asked the clerk to change the tops to the non-childproof type, so it took even longer. The clerk and I had a chance to chat. I told her Mom's birthday is coming up. She will be 87. Her birthday is on 2-22-22! The clerk was delighted and reached under the counter. She pulled out "2" pens and "2" pill containers for her!

Then I told the clerk Mom is a twin. There are "2" of them! "Two" with the birthday "2-22-22"! The clerk immediately reached back under the counter and pulled out "2" more pens and "2" more pill containers for her twin!

When I got to the twins' house and told them the story, then pulled out the "2" gifts, both were absolutely delighted! They were thrilled to receive these simple gifts!

PS. If I was a real blogger, I'd have had my camera with me and taken a picture of the "2" of them.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun story... I always love that their b-day is full of 2's
    H

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Heather. I love that their bday is 2/22/22

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is always a great story. I always add that mom was the 2nd twin born two minutes after her sister (probably a stretch - but adds to the fun)!

    ReplyDelete