Saturday, February 21, 2009

The fun part of my job

The educator half of my job is the most creative and fun. It's the part that meets the need to nurture the next generation. We hold a critical care symposium every year. This is the first year I have been on the planning committee. (Confession: I joined after all the work was done. Don't think I"ll get away with that next year.)

Anyway, this is the first year we have had poster presentations. We have 3 hospitals in our system. We had a total of 5 posters: one from the hospital in Glendora, one from Covina, and [BRAG] three from my units! The first picture is of Ruby and RZ, a husband-wife team who created a poster on prevention of hospital acquired infection from central lines (a type of IV). Ruby works in the DOU (a step down from critical care) and RZ works in ICU. They both work the night shift. They are leaders.

This is a picture of some night shift nurses from CCU with me. They are the stars of a poster on Core Measures. One of the night shift nurses developed a simple form to help nurses be sure we are meeting all the marks. It was intended to be for our 4 units. However, administration liked it so much that it is now being used in all 3 hospitals! How could I not be proud of our nurses!



This is a picture of Gail, one of our night shift
nurses in DOU, explaining his team's poster on preventing the development of pressure ulcers.

This is a shot of some of our nurses who attended the critical care symposium Thursday. You can see they made me sit front and center. How embarrassing! I am so proud of them!

1 comment: